Happy Black Friday everyone! Please be sure to stop by the Scribes and check out – You’ve Got a Friend in Me.
I mentioned a few weeks back that I’m participating in NaNo. I hit the 50,000 word goal on Day 20. I plan on finishing the novel by 11/30. That will make two completed novels in 2011 – The Undead Space Initiative and Redemption (book 2 of my Aethera series).
Sadly, I did not get to finish plotting The Devil’s Advocate or Mystic Storm (sequel to Mystic Ink). But, hey, there are so many hours in a day. And I’ve learned a lot about my writer self this year.
- I’m not Nora Roberts or Dean Wesley Smith, capable of pumping out high volume, superior quality manuscripts nearly out of the gate. Plotting and characterization takes time (for me anyway). I have to be totally on-board with the characters and plot, otherwise, I can’t finish the book.
- I can write a novel in a month. I did it twice. See above – I have to know what is going to happen in my books. I don’t need to know the how or even the why. Those details can come out when I write. I don’t have my million words in yet. But I’m working on it.
- If there is a zombie apocalypse, I won’t survive long-term. I like modern conveniences way too much.
- I love Twitter. A lot. See my post here - Twitterpated.
- Oh, and the big one, I can sell a book!
I won’t be kicking back anytime soon. I have a busy 2012 coming up, including promo at other blogs, working on edits for Redemption, writing other books, and I’ll be CT RWA’s new Media Director. Busy, busy.
How’s your 2011 going? What are you looking forward to in 2012?