Stop by and say hello! I’m guest blogging at Jill Archer’s today. I’m sharing my tips for dealing with doubt.
Happy Friday! Want to hear more about Mystic Storm? Please join me today at the 7 Scribes and find out why I say – When in Doubt, Throw in a Flying Monkey . . . or Three!
Also, our new cat Nene has settled in nicely. Here she is on my lap.
Today, I’m at the Scribes talking about the The Bloggy Blah, Blah, Blahs. If you’ve ever found yourself in a similar situation, stop by and share your tips for the blogging blues.
Also, I’m a guest at “How to Write Fast“. If you’re looking for advice on how to write more quickly, this is the blog to visit.
In other news, Mystic Storm is finally in the hands of my most valued first readers. Yay!! For those of you following along, this is Zephyr’s story. At the end of Mystic Ink, I left him in a bit of a pickle after the Fates punished him for interfering in a Hero’s Journey.
Hi everyone. Today, I’m a guest at Rosanna Leo’s blog where we share our love of mythology and I answer her questions!
Stop by and say hello!
And in case you are wondering about this photo, yes, those are books in a cage!
No, I didn’t spell WIP wrong. I’m not referring to a whip (like Indiana Jones uses), I mean “work in progress”.
I’ve been taking a hard look at my writing goals in recent weeks and I’ve realized that something has to give. One of those things is my weekly blog post. This doesn’t mean that I won’t blog ever again, just that I need to focus on finishing Mystic Storm and my other works in progress. One of the reasons I haven’t finished them is that I only have so many hours a day that I can spend on my writer life and I must start using them wisely.
That also means you won’t see my hanging out on Facebook or Twitter very often. Not until the WIPs are done! Of course, if I have something to announce or share, I will do so right here as always.
While I have finished another manuscript this year – Misfortune Cookie – I can’t sit on my laurels with Zephyr’s book undone. I have several friends, including my wonderful beta readers, who are threatening to go Annie Wilkes on me if I don’t finish the book. How can I argue with that? They know where I live and I’m pretty sure they know how to tie a mean knot.
I am still blogging weekly at the Scribes. Today my guest is fellow Pink Petal author – Krystal Brookes. She writes contemporary Highland romances! Hello hot men in kilts with cell phones!
Anyone else had to readjust their goals?
I have two winners!
For Virtual Book Tour – Carin W has won a $25.oo Amazon gift card and an e-book copy of Mystic Ink
And the winner of the Indulgent Blog hop is Monique Morgan. She’s won a $15.00 Amazon gift card!
Congratulations! And thank you to everyone who entered. I appreciate all your comments and words of support. Not to mention I did break down and have brownie sundae!
I’m participating in Induglent Bloggers Blog hop. Thanks for stopping by my site.
One lucky (and random) participant will win a $15.00 Amazon gift card. Just leave me a comment with your e-mail address and tell me what your favorite guilty indulgence is (remember keep it clean or I’ll have to zap your comment).
May the guiltiest participant win.
When you’re done, remember to hop onto the next site.
Today, I’m being interviewed at Dreaming in Ink! Please stop by and say hello.
Here’s some ink to stare at. Not mine, but my Hubby Scar’s cool dragon tattoo.
I am thrilled to receive the Sisterhood of the World Blogger’s Award. Thank you Meggan Connors!
1. Balled up newspaper works great for drying out the inside of drenched sneakers. Next time you get your sneaks soaking wet, try it. You will need to pull out the wet paper and replace it with dry, but it will get the wetness out faster than air drying and using the dryer. Credit fo this tip goes to the Boy Scouts!
2. If you want to read a well written book like 50 Shades of Gray (without actually wasting the time and money and reading the words inner goddess 82 times in one book), then I’d like to recommend Sylvia Day’s Bared to You. Steamy, thrilling and downright dirty, this is the book that should be selling a zillion copies a day.
3. When smelling scented candles, sniff the lid, not the actual candle. By doing this you will get a better idea of what the candle will smell like and how strong the scent will be when it’s lit. Yes, I have a loads of practice candle sniffing at the Yankee Candle Flagship Store (in Deerfield, MA) and at various malls. And speaking of Yankee Candle, my new favorite scent is Whoopie Pie!
4. According to my bestest buddy Lisa – food has no calories when you are standing up. Or if you are at a party. Or if it’s your birthday. Did I miss any? I’m pretty sure that is a load of crap, but it’s fun to believe while snacking. Tee hee!
5. I have never left the continent of North America. I tell my hubby that I must travel to places, like Australia, to prove to myself that other parts of the world are real. I know that they are there, I’m just hoping he will buy my excuse. Some day. Some day soon, I will explore other places.
6. Movie theater chains make their money from the concession stand and not the actual films. This is why a bottle of water costs $4.00 and popcorn $7.00 (although our local chain give free re-fills on large size, probably because popcorn is dirt cheap to make). I only know this because I worked in a movie theater, where I met hubby.
7. When making grilled cheese, instead of buttering the bread, melt the butter in the pan. This will give it that crunchy, buttery sheen like you get when you eat grilled cheese in a restaurant. What? You never order grilled cheese . . . I told you about my lobster grilled cheese sandwich, remember?
I will now dutifully dispatch the award to:
- Jamie Pope
- Susannah Hardy
- Jill Archer
- Savannah Chase
- Sabrina Garie
- Gerri Brousseau
- Janna Shay
- Julia Rachel Barrett (I know that makes you eight, but it seems wrong not to include you. I visit your blog every day. That’s more than I visit my own!)
Recipients, please tell everyone 7 things about yourself, then pass the award to 7 blogger sisters!