Today I am shamelessly borrowing my friend’s plum torte recipe and passing it along to all of you.
The notes in ( ) are mine.
B-girl’s Plum Torte
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsalted butter (and do use unsalted butter. It’s not as good with salted butter)
1 cup unbleached flour (I used regular all purpose flour and it came out fine)
1 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
24 halves pitted purple or prune plums (see note above – other fruit works too)
Topping: sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon
9 inch springform pan
Cook Time: 1 Hour, @ 350 degrees
Yield: 8 servings
1. Cream the sugar and butter. Add flour, baking powder, salt and eggs. Beat well.
2. Spoon the batter into the springform pan (I have used cooking spray or Cricso on the bottom to keep it from sticking).
3. Place the plums skin side up on top of the batter. Sprinkle lightly with with sugar and lemon juice. Sprinkle about a teaspoon of cinnamon or however much you like.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Remove and cool; refrigerate or freeze if desired. Or cool to lukewarm and serve plain or with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping.
5. To serve frozen torte, defrost and reheat briefly at 300 degrees.
Be sure to share!