Happy Friday everyone! Please remember to visit me over at the Scribes today where Susan Muller discusses her new book – Secrets on Forest Bend!
This past week I was graced with two blog awards: “The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award” and the “Inspiring Blogger Award”.
Thank you so much: Marilyn Wigglesworth (Sweet) and Carrie Daws (Inspiring).
Both awards only ask that I share seven interesting or random facts about me and that I pass this award to other deserving bloggers.
So here are my seven things, in no particular order:
1. I gave birth to my youngest son on the bathroom floor. And before you ask, I went into labor and gave birth in the space of about twenty minutes. The kid couldn’t wait!
2. I went to college in Washington DC. While there, I earned bachelor’s degrees in Anthropology and Psychology. I figured, I should earn two BAs for the price of one.
3. While in DC, I was also an intern for two Smithsonian Museums (on separate occasions): The National Museum of American History and at The National Zoo. And yes, both places are as cool at they sound!
4. I’m a life long sci-fi/fantasy geek. I love Star Trek and Star Wars. Since I’ve attended two Trek conventions, if pressed to choose, I’d say I love Star Trek more.
5. I met my husband while working at a movie theater. I worked concessions and he was head projectionist. Yup, that was a cool job too.
6. I’m a proud member of Phi Mu Fraternity, Gamma Delta chapter. I even served as chapter president my senior year in college.
7. I taught myself to knit and crochet, during the dark time, while I avoided being a writer. I love to make socks, gloves, scarves and amigarumi. In between books, I fall back to my yarn stash for a bit.
In the spirit of the awards, I must bestow one of these prestigious honors on other worthy bloggers (10 for the Irresistibly Sweet Awards and 14 for the Inspiring Blogger Award).
To the recipients, please take a moment, thank the person who gave you the award, list seven fun/interesting things and pass this on to other deserving blogs.
My choices are as follows (please check them out!):
Irresistibly Sweet Award:
2. Joy Shaw
4. Gail Ingis
5. Tam Linsey
7. Carrie Daws
8. Kinley Baker
9. Kerri Nelson
10. Lisa Kessler
Inspiring Blogger Award:
3. Mare’s Place
6. Jimmie Chew
9. Mia Marlowe
10. Glenise Clelland
11. Savannah Foxx
12. Avery Flynn
13. Soul Mate Authors Group (a shout out to all my fabulous Soul Mate sisters!)
14. Writing Secrets of 7 Scribes (seriously – I couldn’t leave out my fantastic fellow Scribes)
What blogs have you read that have inspired you lately? What are your favorite sweet (or cute) blogs? And how about you? Share a fun fact or two!