This was our second year attending and it was as much fun as last year. Even better, the weather was comfortable and we caught up with friends who were there for the first time.
If you live in the New England area, consider visiting the village. For the month of August, kids admission is free (ages 2-17). Old Sturbridge Village is the largest outdoor history museum in the Northeast.
At the end of August, our town is hosting a pirate event. Can’t wait to attend that next!
Happy Friday everyone! I’m on a much needed vacation this week so I don’t have a much to say.
Instead I offer a series of photos of my favorite places. For vacation I like to take day trips with younger son. Older son is entrenched in the teen-man cave and hubby doesn’t have as much vacation time as I do. But we don’t mind. We have plenty of fun without them.
I must be doing something right because I’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award by my Triberr mate – Larissa Reinhart. Thank you Larissa!
With any blog award, there are rules. Rules which I will probably break, mostly because I’m running out of facts about myself.
But here they are for those of you that I pass this award onto.
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
1. I love comic books, sci-fi and fantasy. So needless to say, this is a great time to be a fan of superheroes. ‘Nuff said.
2. I’m designated pooch-sitter for my mother’s dog whenever she goes out of town. Isn’t Holly cute? I caught her nibbling on my owl throw rug. I was not amused.
3. I’m not afraid of spiders. I think they’re kind of cool. Of course, most spiders where I live are not venomous enough to kill you either.
4. I love hot abs! *Sigh* So many luscious guys to ogle, so little time. Thank you to all my Facebook friends who provide such wonderful images on a daily basis.
5. Cupcakes are one of my favorite foods. For my Chocolate Cupcakes of Doom recipe – click here. I also enjoy watching Cupcake Wars. Until my younger son starts critiquing my cupcakes like Florian – “zee’s cupcake, eet’s very dense.”
6. I love Old Sturbridge Village. If you have a living history museum in your area, please visit it. And visit often. There is always something new to learn.
7. I love intelligent guys. Smart is the new sexy! If you haven’t checked out Sherlock Holmes on Masterpiece Theater (or BBC), what are you waiting for?
The Versatile Blogger Award goes to:
YA Beyond – sound advice from my fellow Scribe PJ Sharon for teenagers and us adults who live with them.
Julia Rachel Barrett– I know, I just pegged you for another blog award. But it did say to choose excellent blogs, so there you are.
Penny Romance – Ditto for what I said about Julia. I visit you lovely ladies every day! Even if I don’t comment, be assured that I read your posts.
Shelly Bell – Always interesting interviews and reviews.
Rose Vanden Eynden – my kindred Soul Mate sister – enlightenment, wisdom and slices of life.
A.C. Cockerill – I learn something new every time Ashley posts a blog.
And, I’m also blogging today with my fellow Soul Mate Authors – for those who’ve missed it before – I’m The Author Goddess.
Lately, I’ve been suffering from extreme laziness. I blame some of it on grieving for my doggie (understandable) and some of it on the beautiful weather we had this past weekend in New England.
I’m a firm believer of carpe diem (seize the day). So on a gorgeous, sunny 80 degree October day, my youngest son and I visited one of our favorite places – Old Strubridge Village.
Since we’re members, we can enjoy our time. There is no rushing, no need to beat the crowds. Even though we’ve seen it all a million times, it doesn’t lessen our enjoyment.
We walked our favorite trails and visited all the historic homes. We even watched the naughty pair of young oxen being trained. Last time we visited in June, the oxen “babies” broke out of their pasture pen and took a tour of the surrounding fields.
Overall, it was a memorable day. I was sad to see it end.
I enjoy spending time with my fifteen year old. I know, sooner or later, we won’t spend the same quality of time together, so I plan on savoring each moment we have for as long as I can.
Tell me, how do you like to spend your down time? What is your favorite place to visit?