My virtual book tour officially starts today with two stops:
I hope to see you there. Remember at the end of the tour, one lucky commentor will win a $25.00 Amazon gift card and an e-copy of Mystic Ink (either Kindle or Nook version).
Today, I’m being interviewed at Dreaming in Ink! Please stop by and say hello.
Here’s some ink to stare at. Not mine, but my Hubby Scar’s cool dragon tattoo.
I am thrilled to receive the Sisterhood of the World Blogger’s Award. Thank you Meggan Connors!
1. Balled up newspaper works great for drying out the inside of drenched sneakers. Next time you get your sneaks soaking wet, try it. You will need to pull out the wet paper and replace it with dry, but it will get the wetness out faster than air drying and using the dryer. Credit fo this tip goes to the Boy Scouts!
2. If you want to read a well written book like 50 Shades of Gray (without actually wasting the time and money and reading the words inner goddess 82 times in one book), then I’d like to recommend Sylvia Day’s Bared to You. Steamy, thrilling and downright dirty, this is the book that should be selling a zillion copies a day.
3. When smelling scented candles, sniff the lid, not the actual candle. By doing this you will get a better idea of what the candle will smell like and how strong the scent will be when it’s lit. Yes, I have a loads of practice candle sniffing at the Yankee Candle Flagship Store (in Deerfield, MA) and at various malls. And speaking of Yankee Candle, my new favorite scent is Whoopie Pie!
4. According to my bestest buddy Lisa – food has no calories when you are standing up. Or if you are at a party. Or if it’s your birthday. Did I miss any? I’m pretty sure that is a load of crap, but it’s fun to believe while snacking. Tee hee!
5. I have never left the continent of North America. I tell my hubby that I must travel to places, like Australia, to prove to myself that other parts of the world are real. I know that they are there, I’m just hoping he will buy my excuse. Some day. Some day soon, I will explore other places.
6. Movie theater chains make their money from the concession stand and not the actual films. This is why a bottle of water costs $4.00 and popcorn $7.00 (although our local chain give free re-fills on large size, probably because popcorn is dirt cheap to make). I only know this because I worked in a movie theater, where I met hubby.
7. When making grilled cheese, instead of buttering the bread, melt the butter in the pan. This will give it that crunchy, buttery sheen like you get when you eat grilled cheese in a restaurant. What? You never order grilled cheese . . . I told you about my lobster grilled cheese sandwich, remember?
I will now dutifully dispatch the award to:
Recipients, please tell everyone 7 things about yourself, then pass the award to 7 blogger sisters!
Well, it finally happened. A moment that I wished for and dreaded at the same time – our big screen television died. I admit for the last few years, I’ve had a serious case of TV envy. Everyone around us was upgrading to sleek, thin paneled models while we still had a big behemoth projection box. But there was no way we were going to buy another TV as long as the old one worked.
Then, a few weeks ago, the TV started acting up. I knew the symptoms. We’d had this brand before and it showed signs of imminent demise, the non-operable kind. I could barely contain my glee, but remained silent since I know Hubby would not be receptive to any TV replacement overtures.
When we bought our 50″ TV a mere eight years ago, it was not quite cutting edge HD, but it was better than what we’d had before – a 36 incher. A few years ago, we switched to ATT Uverse and started using the lone HDMI port and our picture got even better.
Earlier, I mentioned dread – that would be the cost of replacing the television. Well, we had to bite the bullet. The old TV died on a Sunday and there was no way I was missing all my favorite programs.
After cruising around our town comparing features, prices, and the amount of HDMI ports, we purchased a new 60 inch HDTV at Costco. For good measure, I bought a blue ray player and Hubby added a sound bar.
Woohoo! We plugged that baby in and connected all the new toys and HOLY CRAP, we spent the entire day glued to the television. The picture quality was so incredible and different from what’d been watching that I thought my brain would overload.
The real mind freak moment came when we played a blue ray copy of Thor. We meant to watch just a few minutes for comparison purposes, but that didn’t happen. Two hours later and with copious amounts of drool (that would be mine – hello, shirtless Chris Hemsworth), we collectively realized that we’d re-watched the entire film.
And I awoke from my HD induced stupor and thought – crap! I haven’t written a thing today. Agggh!
After a week of – wow, look at that picture – I’m finally back on track. I completed the first draft of my new book. And surprise, it’s not Mystic Storm. Once I have the blessing of my excellent beta-readers, I’ll share more details.
And if you haven’t stopped by the Scribes today, I’d love it if you’d visit and join in the discussion – Sex and Zero G.
Who else loves their TV set? If not, what is your dream/favorite gadget?
Yay! It’s Friday. Don’t forget to visit me at the Scribes for – I am Not A-MUSEd!
Sabrina Garie has awarded me The Beautiful Blogger Award. Thank you Sabrina!
As most of you may have guessed, there are rules.
Rule #1 – I must share 7 things. Today, I’m going to be different and share fun facts and a secret or two about my characters. Let’s face it, you all must be sick of hearing about me!
Rule #2 – Pass this award to 7 bloggers. More on that later.
From Mystic Ink:
1. Devlin Ward has a potted plant. It’s name is Medusa on account of its snake-like fronds. He would never, ever admit that to anyone
since the real Medusa would not be pleased. And we all know what happens to men who make her angry. Let’s just say it’s not the kind of rock hard Devlin would enjoy.
2. Nix is the most independent of the fifty daughter’s of Nereus. She is adamant about earning her own money and making her own way in the world. Her Uncle Memphis fostered her independence by taking her on as an apprentice in his tattoo shop.
3. Cherry Cordial doesn’t like enclosed spaces. Once, when one her fellow vampires jokingly trapped her in a dark closet, she dumped dead fish in their beds for a week.
4. Jonathan, Cherry’s maker, first noticed her because of her beautiful singing voice. It was her rebellious spirit that made him turn her into a vampire. Later, whenever he’d complain about her sassy attitude, Cherry would remind him, “Tough cookies. This is what you signed up for. Don’t blame me that I have big mouth and know how to use it.” Cherry would like to remind you to get your minds out of the gutter. She’s a stripper, not a whore. Just saying.
5. Kyra was recruited into the FBI by her boss, Terence Lange after she beat him and hundreds of other veteran sharpshooters at a
regional competition. Lange is inherently distrustful of magic, but does trust Kyra. Both of their understanding of supernatural phenomena are about to be shaken up.
6. Valerian is a stickler for rules and order. Clutter drives him crazy and he can’t stand salt and vinegar chips. Galen uses this information to annoy Valerian every chance he gets. While the two are friends, Valerian is also Galen’s superior, and Galen’s cheekiness often gets him into trouble. Not that Galen would have it any other way!
And from my WIP:
7. This isn’t a character fact per se, but my latest WIP has something to do with fortune cookies and evil spirits. Don’t worry Mystic Ink fans, I am still working on Mystic Storm (Zephyr’s book), but I opted to complete this book first since it was flowing faster.
1. Writing Secrets of 7 Scribes – Stop by and say hello. We’re friendly, fun and love to dish about all kinds of topics.
2. Meggan Connors – She makes me laugh with her honesty and self-depreciating humor. I love Edinor and her travels. You have visit her blog to find out who or what Edinor is!
3. Janna Shay – Kind and generous, Janna always makes me smile. She’s also an incredibly supportive and I do appreciate it!
5. Marian Lanouette – A great blogger who shares great advice. Plus, she is one sexy lady. Have you seen her Facebook photo? Her debut novel – If I Fail – comes out in September.
7. Julia Rachel Barrett – C’mon, did you think I wouldn’t pick the lovely Julia? Julia blogs every day and it’s always worth reading.
To the recipients of the Beautiful Blogger Award – go forth and share the beauty!
And feel free to share your favorite blog (s) with me!
I must be doing something right because I’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award by my Triberr mate – Larissa Reinhart. Thank you Larissa!
With any blog award, there are rules. Rules which I will probably break, mostly because I’m running out of facts about myself.
But here they are for those of you that I pass this award onto.
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
1. I love comic books, sci-fi and fantasy. So needless to say, this is a great time to be a fan of superheroes. ‘Nuff said.
2. I’m designated pooch-sitter for my mother’s dog whenever she goes out of town. Isn’t Holly cute? I caught her nibbling on my owl throw rug. I was not amused.
3. I’m not afraid of spiders. I think they’re kind of cool. Of course, most spiders where I live are not venomous enough to kill you either.
4. I love hot abs! *Sigh* So many luscious guys to ogle, so little time. Thank you to all my Facebook friends who provide such wonderful images on a daily basis.
5. Cupcakes are one of my favorite foods. For my Chocolate Cupcakes of Doom recipe – click here. I also enjoy watching Cupcake Wars. Until my younger son starts critiquing my cupcakes like Florian – “zee’s cupcake, eet’s very dense.”
6. I love Old Sturbridge Village. If you have a living history museum in your area, please visit it. And visit often. There is always something new to learn.
7. I love intelligent guys. Smart is the new sexy! If you haven’t checked out Sherlock Holmes on Masterpiece Theater (or BBC), what are you waiting for?
YA Beyond – sound advice from my fellow Scribe PJ Sharon for teenagers and us adults who live with them.
Julia Rachel Barrett– I know, I just pegged you for another blog award. But it did say to choose excellent blogs, so there you are.
Penny Romance – Ditto for what I said about Julia. I visit you lovely ladies every day! Even if I don’t comment, be assured that I read your posts.
Shelly Bell – Always interesting interviews and reviews.
Rose Vanden Eynden – my kindred Soul Mate sister – enlightenment, wisdom and slices of life.
A.C. Cockerill – I learn something new every time Ashley posts a blog.
Savannah Chase – Yummy photos, flash fiction and so much more!
Tam Linsey – Always educational and pertinent. Plus, Tam has the best website artwork!
Ann Montclair – loads of author interviews!
J.D. Revezzo – Dreaming in Ink – everything for the reader and author – reviews, interviews, advice!
Nights of Passion – my fellow CTRWAers. Lots of fun for both readers and writers.
Callie Hutton – Magic Monday! Don’t miss it!
Jamie Brazil – part of the beard lover’s club, never a boring blog post!
Meggan Connors – I want to be her when I grow up! The saucy wench always makes me laugh.
Writing Secrets of 7 Scribes – Sassy, classy, and informative. Not that I’m biased. Much!
I’m over at Castles and Guns today! Stop by and hear my thoughts about luck versus hard work.
I’m so excited – Guilty Indulgence Romance Review site awarded Mystic Ink their coveted Ultimate Indulgence Book award. Stop by and read the review!
I’m over at the Soul Mate Blog today – part of our April Blog-athon. Please stop by and say hello! Otherwise, I will be lonely!